How to Setup Bandwidth Throttling
There may be a need to control the amount of data flowing to users if you have multiple users on one device. Use the attached document to set up bandwidth throttling to help control data consumption.
You may follow the instructions below when:
- You have concerns about clients using too much data.
- Your data pool is limited and want to minimize data overages.
- You want to avoid data hogs and maximize number of clients that can access data.
- Power on your WiFi In Motion device and give the unit 3-5 minutes to fully boot.
- Log in to Remote Web Admin.
- From the dashboard of your device, please click on the tab at the top of the
- From the page, click on the link on the left side.
- On the settings page, click the checkbox. Then change
the and Uploadspeeds to your preference. If you are not sure what speeds you want, a good starting point is 512 kbps for and . (Please ensure that you change the drop-down menu from Mbps to kbps!) Once you are finished, click .
- Then click to apply the settings to your device.
Note: Using data controls alters the user experience through limiting data flow. Depending on the user, this may create the feeling of a poor experience through slower load times.