There may be instances where a device needs to be blocked from utilizing your Wi-Fi. Maybe there is an abuse of data use or something else. In those cases, you can block the device from connecting by blacklisting the MAC address
You may follow the instructions below when:
- You use Group Settings and need to block specific device(s) from accessing your Wi-Fi.
- Log in to InControl2.
- Navigate to and hover over the Wi-Fi AP tab. Click on Group-wide SSID Settings.
- Click on the SSID you are blocking a device(s)from accessing.
- Navigate to MAC Filter and choose Allow all except listed.
- In the box, enter all the MAC addresses you need to block. This will block each of the MAC addresses entered from accessing the specific SSID on all routers using that SSID in your account. Last, click on Save then click on Apply Changes.
Note: Blocked device will not receive any notification as to why they are unable to connect. Beware of possible complaints by end user.